What is a Construction Craft LABORER?
The skill of a Construction Craft Laborer is one of the most diverse in the industry. It requires classroom instruction and hands on training. The Construction Craft Laborer is often the first craft on the project and the last to leave. The type of work performed will depend on your knowledge, skill level and the type of work needed at a job site. You may build and repair roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, construct residential and commercial buildings, clean up hazardous waste sites, or perform other kinds of work. Additional tasks may include: drilling, blasting, building scaffolding, preparing and cleaning up a job site, laying pipe underground, placing concrete, flagging and controlling traffic on roadways, working-with other crafts and much more.
How do I prepare for the trade?
- Good reading ability
- Good math and science ability
- Develop reasoning and problem solving skills
How do I qualify?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a drug test
What are the program specifics?
- Length of program – approx.. 4 years
- Probationary period – 6 months
- Starting pay – 60% journeyman wage
- A minimum of 144 classroom related training hours each year
To apply CLICK HERE: www.oltapp.com
Contact: Travis Journey, Apprenticeship Coordinator
Phone: (740) 485-5991